Thursday, November 8, 2012

MCP and AMD Update

With that divergence I pointed out in the Tech post as well as the IWM's very strong leading, I'm having trouble not pulling the trigger on an AMD add to.

In any case, here are the updates for both AMD and MCP.

 AMD's long term charts are what sold me on AMD long, but this 3 min chart's momentum is really something else and right where AMD is just below support. I have to look at what's available, how big the position is, etc before I make a decision on this, but if I were just looking at AMD, I wouldn't have any problem starting a long position here, albeit a little more speculative in size.


 We've looked at the volume/support breaks in AMD and these longer term charts don't look surprising at all, these are what I'd base the probabilities on, such as what happened on this 5 min after the support zone was broken.

 Or the 10 min

 Or even more clear, the 15 min. These are the types of signals I don't ignore.

MCP
 Speaking of a break of support and a divergence on the heavier volume-1 min

 1 min intraday is positive at the dip here.

 2 min is in a leading positive divergence, but this is a good example of how to look at a relative divergence, being relative between 2 points with price lower at the second and 3C moving up when confirmation should see it at a lower low.

 3 min MCP leading positive.

 5 min leading positive, I also marked the divergence at today's lows.

MCP 10 min is leading now, there's good migration in both averages.


No comments: