Monday, December 31, 2012

Call Positions Still Open

The Call positions where specifically for trend #1, last Friday I had liked what I saw in the NASDAQ and opened a split position in Jan $64/$66, those are in the green today, the older SPY calls, Jan. $140 & $145 are in the red, but have moved significantly closer to the green, I expect they will be green by the time this is said and done.

I have no intention of moving anything as of yet, either long or short, I'm happy with the way things are positioned which is kind of a modified, positional hedge. Instead of a traditional hedge in which short positions are protected by a call option and you end up with a toughly flat percentage move, these hedges are meant not only to hedge the short positions, but to make money, to be closed out when they are finished and then to let the short positions work.

I don't like what I see in the TICK right now though as far as intraday movement.

No comments: