Friday, February 22, 2013

Final Market Update

This is going to be the final market update unless something big changes, this is meant to help those with open weekly calls/puts to decide whether they want to hold. The last hour can move around a lot as most option contracts are closed, but I feel it's still worth holding the open positions even though I still think the SPY rotates in to better relative performance next week.

First futures...

SPX
 1 min looks like there may be some near term downside, this could be Sunday night, Monday morning, it's not that important to me.

 The 5 min chart isn't where I want it for entering new Index Calls, but it is positive enough to continue holding, this may mean the open Monday may look ugly and the afternoon looks good for the call positions.

NASDAQ
 1 min is nearly in line, again not too important right now.

5 min is positive and I'd keep the calls open based on this.

IWM
 3 min shows a late day negative pinning the IWM/market as usual for Fridays.

 The 5 min doesn't look  as strong here, but

 the 15 has added to the positive divergence which wasn't even there yesterday, nothing past 3 min, so this is a big development and I think even if the first day or even two are bearish next  week (I'm not predicting that), this is strong enough to make it worth holding the calls in the weekly IWM.

QQQ
 1 min looks good here

 3 min shows the loss of momentum with a small relative negative, I think this is the pin.

 However, again the 15 min is leading positive, this is a big change from yesterday and much more bullish short term.

SPY
 1 min s in line with price

 3 min is in line with price, no negatives.

The 15 min here is starting to come in to its own, I think it will continue to mature, I'm holding the calls, waiting on any major short positions until we get more upside movement.

No comments: