Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pre-Market

Today's a light macro-economic day and the overnight futures are maybe 2 points or so from the 4 pm close, the only thing that caught my attention this morning were the Treasury futures. I talked about them this weekend and last week a coming down and that being a gift because I like them long for a core position, at the same time long treasuries is a flight to safety out of stocks. The thing is, there's a lot more accumulation in treasuries than people act, people think they are an underperforming asset, but someone has been scooping them up.

As I said this weekend, to get all your ducks in a row, the last thing your going to do (
as smart money) is rotate what you have in equities to treasuries, this morning that accumulation in treasuries, the same one I was hoping to see to know when to start looking at buying more, has begun, I don't think that will be good for stocks.

30 year (5 min) Treasury futures, they came down as expected late last week and this weekend, now they are going positive.

No comments: