Friday, August 9, 2013

Market Update: Setting Up right in time for the post 2 p.m. move

We see it every Friday, the market is pinned until most option contracts are settled, I don't know about you, but my broker would be calling at 12 and 1 p.m. asking what I wanted to do with expiring contracts, by 2-2:30 most are settled, Wall St. has peeled the premium out of about 90% of the people's hands entirely and the market is free to start moving as it wishes.

Right in time for that, exactly what I expected in the last update, a pullback intraday and probably the area and last chance for today any way to open call positions as price pulls back a bit just in time for the post 2 pm move.

 DIA 1m looks like it'w pulling back to that intraday "W" like pattern I mentioned last update.

IWM as well

QQQ 5 min shows strength in a longer timeframe so I think we are headed toward wrapping this event up soon.

And SPY intraday.

Just consider that we have been seeing afternoon negative divergences in to afternoon bounces, I wouldn't want that for Monday's open, but I also think that if we are going to bounce they are going to have to let that happen, I just mention this in case there is an afternoon negative in to any price appreciation, you won't have any problems if you are not regulation "T" compliant and want to get out of a a trade (pattern day trader rule).

I'll be looking at positions, I'll call them out as I see/enter them.

No comments: