Friday, August 9, 2013

Not As Many Candidates Thus Far Today

I'm surprised, I believe it was Wednesday there were so many candidates for a bounce that it was a matter of picking through and trying to find the best looking ones. As far as open positions, I still like URRE, obviously FSLR, HYG I still like (these are all still open or just opened), but AAPL I don't like.

The averages right now I'm not excited about (those were closed), AAPL is still open.

I find I had an expectation that today would be similar to Wednesday, but I find it's not and the point is to take what the market gives, if I don't see anything I trust (in fact I see a lot more that are looking like great shorts and just need a little push higher), there's no point in putting dry powder at risk.

Let me show you AAPL.
 The 1 min chart looks good and it looks like AAPL will bounce, but I wouldn't enter on 1 chart alone unless it was a day trade.

The 2 min chart doesn't have what I'd expect to see.

The 3 min chart has something like the 2 min, but I'm not inspired at all.

The 5 min chart which is probably the minimum standard looks more like a short on a bounce than risking a long bounce trade.

The same for the 10 min.

There are "some" charts i the averages I like, but there are none that I like enough to take a position, maybe that changes before the close or Monday, maybe it's a sign of more weakness developing here.

I'm just not going to take an OK position to have something to keep my hands busy.

That said, I'll try to show you some of the earlier ones like SLV and PCLN.

No comments: