Friday, September 13, 2013

VIX FUTURES Are BID

As you know, the IWM Put (short) and VXX Call (long, but an asset that trades the opposite of the market) that were opened Wednesday were initially suppose to be "HnR" trades, in and out and closed yesterday in which both were at double digit gains, I decided to hold both yesterday and I usually trade my plan and don't deviate, but the market signals were there so I left both open.

Right now VXX is looking very interesting as well (referring to GDX) and both have an inverse relationship to the market (,meaning if they rise, the market should fall).

Again, it's the actual VIX Futures that are catching my interest.
 VXX 2 min has continued to add to its divergence as well, this is not in scale, otherwise you'd see 3C flying in a leading divergence, but I wanted to show the indicator on more iof an intraday basis.

 This 5 min chart of VXX shows the indicator flying in an exceptionally impressive leading positive divergence.

VIX Futures also show a strong positive divergence.

I'm about to put out a market update for opening action. My thought is this, I see this in the market averages and VXX. The 1 min chart is in line or not really horrible for the averages, everything beyond that which would send the market down shortly as expected yesterday (still within a choppy zone) like 2-5 min, look horrible.

I think the market may have some time to chop around a little more before much happens, I'd try to use this to look at a long position in VXX on an intraday pullback, it could be calls or just VXX or UVXY long, they have the same similar 3C charts. I'd set an alert for a pullback in VXX/UVXY and consider them at a lower level (I don't think you'll get that big of a pullback), I'll continue to update as I see them moving, *remember if the market update looks like an imminent drop, typically VXX/UVXY are going to be ready for an imminent rally.


No comments: