Thursday, November 21, 2013

Quick Market Update

The reason market updates are important right now is because the market is responsible for about 2/3rds of any given stock's direction, I've known it was very powerful, but this is actually directly from a S_E_C study. So before making moves in individual names or Industry groups, understanding the market is really the first step.

I think it was clear that earlier I was uneasy about the market and thus DID NOT close SPY calls that I'm anxious to do in to momentum, if I lose momentum on them, then I lose gains.

In any case, I'm sure we have all seen this.
SPY.

So I'll let things be a bit longer.

To try to get charts of all the averages up is useless as they'll change before I can post them.

The 1 min charts are either in line like the Q's or close, the damage from earlier in several 2-3 min charts is still there for the most part so I'm really looking for the 1 min charts to get ugly and migrate through the 2, 3 and 5 min charts and continue the negatives there, it's pretty much all intraday stuff as expected (short duration, impressive  and that's about it), I just knew there was something I didn't trust thinking the market was done that early and in front of op ex.

The Q's tend to have some of the best signals, especially 1-2 min charts so AAPL may very well make that move (the AAPL short term call trade entered this week) and I'm happy to see PCLN trading the way it is so far today.


No comments: