Tuesday, December 17, 2013

PCLN TRADING Positions ONLY

Any Core positions that are in place or are going to be added to, I won't risk them by trying to trade around a likely bounce, but I opened the "Trading Portfolio" for TRADING and I can't ignore this signal for a bounce, I'm guessing>$1200, that's where I want to close the long (as the market tells us, but I think it will likely be very fast) and open a short trading position as well as add to any core short positions or longer term trending positions, it's really a matter of your risk tolerance, the time you have to dedicate toward this and your gut.

Again, for a trading portfolio I just can't see allowing a likely gain go by and just watching it. This is a different tactic, a more aggressive tactic, it's not well suited to everyone. The probabilities beyond a week still are heavily leaning to the downside and for core positions (trend) and set ups that have been under construction, I wouldn't risk them for a bounce, but for a trading portfolio, this is a trade.

It is essential that price alerts be set so you can stay on top of what will likely be a fast moving trade.

Just like I can't ignore the short set up in PCLN on 10-60 min (and longer ) charts, I can't ignore the trading set up for short duration trades, you know I've been wrestling with this decision since yesterday.

 intraday 1 min, the "U" formation is almost in place, 3C shows accumulation of the move, it's a short term head fake in my view which makes it a good entry for a "TRADE".

The 5 min chart is as far as we go here, but leading positive, I can't ignore that.

I'll have to close the PCLN short in the trading portfolio at a small gain of about 1.5% and open the long. When we get done with the long move, both the core positions (trend) and trading positions will be adding or starting shorts here as the probabilities are deeply skewed to the downside.

This was not an easy decision for me to make, so make sure you are comfortable with your ability to be there for this position and can tolerate the volatility. 


No comments: