Friday, December 6, 2013

Trade Idea: VXX / UVXY Long

Just earlier this week I closed a VXX December $45 call for $3.50 with profits of 30+% and 90+% for an average of +65%.

I said then that I would replace the December $45 calls with January $45 when the price comes down, I can now get January for about the same price or less than the December ones sold for a large gain.

I'm going to enter 1/2 a Call position in January VXX $45 Calls, I'll likely add the other half later if it looks reasonable.

The UVXY long I left in place and it's still at a profit.

I would have no problem going long VXX or the 2x leveraged UVXY either, but since I already have UVXY open, I'm replacing the call position as I had said. Remember the 4 hour 3C chart of VIX futures with a leading positive divegrence.

No comments: