Friday, January 31, 2014

AAPL As a Market Proxy

AAPL may be another good example in the same manner I just used the Q's, I am VERY happy I entered the AAPL $500 March calls, in fact I'd be very tempted to add to that position and if I didn't have any exposure, I'd likely add at least a partial position to make sure I had exposure and try to add the second half of the partial position on a potential move lower Monday, another likely head fake move.

Look at the charts.
 This 10 min leading positive went leading positive as stops were hit at the $495 level, this divergence on its own is more than enough for me to go long AAPL for a quick trade, but it doesn't stop there.

 A 15 min chart is extremely strong leading positive, this is a VERY strong timeframe and I often will trade 15 min divergences. The area of the stops is at the small white hash.

However, amazingly it doesn't stop there.

The 30 min chart is leading positive which is pretty amazing over such a short period

And now even a 60 min chart is leading positive in a signal day, that is huge accumulation in AAPL.

So why not go full long right now?

The 1-5 min charts are negative in to the intraday advance suggesting AAPL will pullback 1 more time, the only real reason to do that with such strong divergences in place is to create the momentum effect a head fake move provides on a new breakout. Above on the 60 min chart you can see the rounding area or reversal process, we almost always see a chimney on that dome on the far right side just before the move to the upside, that's the head fake move.

So AAPL, a market Bellwether is showing similar signals. If we do get a head fake move lower in AAPL Monday with confirmed accumulation proving it's a false move, I will add to AAPL calls.

No comments: