Friday, January 3, 2014

Market Update: 2 PM Actionable Assets

The Friday magic hour is approaching, the charts are improving including PCLN and AAPL, GLD is deteriorating. I "may" take some additional action such as adding to AAPL/PCLN longs/calls and/or adding to DGLD long.

I must warn you though that there's another side to this coin which was posted last night very clearly with SPY 15/30 min charts if you recall. So in that spirit, in the spirit of careful consideration and back-up/contingency planning if we are about to have another moment similar to the AAPL mistake I made by covering a well positioned short to try to catch a bounce with the intention of re-establishing the short at higher levels to only see AAPL BREAK and lose 390 points or -45% from the top, it is in that spirit of caution I present the following charts for your consideration.
 AAPL 30 min

PCLN 30 min

SPY 30 min

From what I understand (thank you Tina) the SPY's max-pain (op-ex) was $183, that's where I've drawn the trendline so I think we were right about that, but it shouldn't matter much in a few more minutes.

Consider the charts above carefully. We do have the short term signals for the PCLN long/call or AAPL, but we also have another side of the coin that is a significant red flag.

UNG is moving in the anticipated direction as well.

No comments: