Monday, June 23, 2014

Trade Idea: (Swing) SQQQ Long

SQQQ (long) is a 3x inverse or bear ETF for the QQQ, this is one I like and have at full size, it has good confirmation through multiple QQQ related assets and timeframes, what I find interesting is the recent movement in the "timing" timeframes, for instance...

 This is the 30 min leading positive with a nice reversal process as far as the price pattern goes, true I'd usually look for a head fake move and may put an alert just below the recent lows as that might cause me to enter either a call in something like this or more likely a put in the QQQ as there's better volume there.

The 60 min chart has looked great and has shown great confirmation of price's trend in the past, it also looks exactly like the QQQ 60 min chart, except inverse as they are opposite (QQQ leading negative, SQQQ leading positive).

However, especially considering recent data, analysis of inflation, Yields, gold, 3C signals, multiple H&S tops and right shoulders, now SKEW's huge move, these shorter term timing charts are really grabbing my attention.

This is a 2 min chart leading positive, it's interesting how it confirms as it should and then changes character so dramatically, the same week I'm looking for changes in VIX (smart money going long volatility) and Treasuries, as I showed, Yields have predicted the 2007 top, 2009 bottom, 2011 -20% sell off and they are showing the same signal now as they were at the 2007 top.

Here's a closer look at the same chart intraday, very interesting how fast it's leading.

I already have a full size position here, but if I didn't, I'd absolutely consider it if I needed some short exposure, especially in the Tech area. I will set alerts for a head fake move below recent support lows and if they are hit, consider something like a QQQ put.

No comments: