Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A.M. Update

Well, here we are, the early week weakness may have just flamed out yesterday as the market is now in a short term oversold condition by breadth and probably by price as well, although I care less about the later in determining oversold. I personally think we close higher today, but it's not a move I'm ready to trust just yet.

We do have some 5 min positives in the futures starting from the overnight session like...
 Russell 2000 futures have a small 5 min positive, NQ is larger, but...

ES isn't there yet.

We also have the knee jerk volatility of the F_O_M_C minutes release today, remember the knee jerk move is almost always the wrong move as we saw with the last F_O_M_C knee jerk higher.

Probabilities are not the same as a high probability trade so the fact we probably close higher today doesn't sell me on this being a move I can trust, it needs institutional support, so I want a high probability trade and low risk, that's what I'll be looking for in the markets today, a HIGH probability trade with low risk.

AA Kicks off the earnings season today which is where I thought this market would flame out on the downside for now, but there's a distinct change in the market, bad news is no longer good, lets see how long the buy the dip crowd lasts and what we can make off this market.



No comments: