Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A.M. Update

Good  morning.

It seems the soaring $USD caught the blame for the overnight sell-off in futures, I don't disagree, I just don't think we can call moves like this days, weeks, even months in advance without the market having shown us first. I do believe markets are pretty efficient, but not the way most people think of them, I believe they plan quite a ways ahead and part of a US rate hike or perceptions of one is going to be a strong US dollar.

We aren't far off the support areas from yesterday's lows/Friday's close.

I suspect we'll see some bouncing during today's session, but that doesn't change the fact we have entered stage 4 decline and decline is what we should expect overall.

As you can see, last night's ugly futures charts that I mentioned, got a lot uglier after midnight.
 NASDAQ futures overnight, note the small positive now.

Russell 2000 futures overnight, again another small positive now.

As I've said since last week, I wouldn't buy any of this, just sell in to or short in to any price strength, but hopefully most of you are already in position.


No comments: