Friday, May 1, 2015

High Degree of Confidence in our Forecast

I'll be posting charts shortly, but as I have gone through the indicators, assets and watch lists, I have a HIGH degree of confidence in our near term "Bounce" expectations with the Nikkei 225 seeing a bounce as well (today's price action in the Nikkei set it up for a loss of downside momentum and a bounce). The USD plays a major role as will the USD/JPY which I'll show you as well.

However, what happens after the bounce... DOWN.

I have a high degree of confidence in that forecast as well, not only from the charts, leading indicators, but the $USD and the effects beyond simple FX pairs such as the carry trade. Today's aggressive accumulation of VIX based assets (VXX/UVXY/VIX futures) doesn't tell me that the bounce is almost done, it tells me they are trying to pick up as much protection as possible because they know what is coming after this bounce which is likely the entire reason for the bounce in the first place.

Charts on the way... I hope you did well this week and were able to set up some positions for next week and the bigger picture.

No comments: