Thursday, February 7, 2013

Can You Really Trust the Internet?

Ever hear something really off the wall and ask the person saying it, "Where did you get that?" and the answer, "The Internet" ?

My wife, (most of you know she has not been well the last 6+ months) is finally getting back to herself  as she has been in  Budapest for medical treatment as she is still a citizen there and it was less expensive to buy a plane ticket the day before she left and about 10 days before Christmas rather than having her treated here; I'd guess we saved about $40,000 or so judging by some personal/family experience and her mother is a doctor over there as well.  We never reviewed the health insurance plan she had from work (from Cigna/Panera Bread) that was something I had never seen, my mother who has been in medicine for 40 + years never saw it,  "Limited Health Insurance" which covers a maximum of $2,000 a year with a $1,000 per incident maximum, no prescription benefits, no dental, no vision no accident, no anything, not even catastrophic and it still had a deductible! I figured, "It's Cigna, it can't be that horrible" and my wife had never even had a cold before this. Lesson learned, but again I digress, the point really was, as we were initially trying to figure out what was going on, she had read from the Mayo Clinic's site and WebMD and some other credible sites a lot of stuff that simply was just vague, they were the same symptoms for hundreds of different ailments, but just reading it created a psychosomatic response and she developed symptoms that she thought she should have based on what she read, your mind really is that strong and if you don't believe that, i have two even more powerful examples.

I know that by publishing this I implicate myself as well, hopefully though the 80/20 rule applies and I'm in the 20%.

We have what looks like record or near the 2000 highs, bullish or long recommendations from newsletters covering the market. The chart speaks for itself.

That QQQ Call (long) a few posts ago was a short term or an intraday trade, the options expire tomorrow!


No comments: