Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Futures and LeadingIndicators Update

It's not unusual for there to be a pretty dull market in front of the F_O_M_C and then a knee jerk reaction and then what the market really thinks.

However that extra bit of help I hoped to find in Leading Indicators and Futures including VIX, Index, currency, gold, oil, etc was not there. In fact they all left me with the exact same impression the charts of the major averages did, THERE'S STILL GAs in the tank on this bounce, although it is being steadily eroded, it doesn't look like it's there yet.

Of course the F_E_D could change that pretty quickly, but I'd expect to see smart money take off all of the Gas in the tank positions before the F_O_M_C, it doesn't appear they have.

For now, unless something changes dramatically between now and 2 pm, I'm going to leave all positions in place which includes core shorts and the short term bounce IWM calls.

One interesting thing I did see across futures for the 3rd day in a row is very consistent positive signals in Crude oil futures so I suspect we are going to be seeing more upside there.


No comments: