Thursday, September 23, 2010

Break of significant support

As you can see, volume picked up significantly on the break of support, we did get the false move on the support level at the first arrow creating a secondary support level-the white boxes show corresponding volume as those levels were broken. The white arrow at the top shows a high volume spike and no appreciable price movement, this is a signal or in poker player's vernacular, "a tell". It is a version of churning, bulls and bears swapping shares, but the bulls lost the momentum and got stuck with the shares. These are the subtle things you watch for.

"To make money in the market, you must see what the crowd missed"

2 comments:

JC said...

AAPL is breaking apart

Unknown said...

Thanks for the information on future trading. I gotta sell my longs yet. The drop today scared me. Near the beginning of August I had a stomach ache that reminded me of the bursting of the tech bubble. I had been buying and selling a fiber optic stock that was following a definite pattern. I kept expecting a rise after a fall. But all it did was fall. Right now I'm hollding scco but i'm scaid! Will all boats sink? Can the developing world economy protect certain stocks? I don't know. I'm glad you are thinking of commodities.