Friday, March 11, 2011

Had a Feeling About That Triangle

Here are the 3C charts

DIA 1 min positive divergence

IWM 1 min positive divergence

QQQQ 1 min positive and leading divergence

SPY 1 min positive divergence.

Here's the SPY daily chart, the Crazy Ivan idea from yesterday was a downside breakdown and then and upside false breakout around the red box. In light of circumstances and because there's not a huge gap between the two areas, I personally would be interested more in adding shorts in the white area (on strength)-if we get up to the red area, you can always add more. A confirmed reversal or price breakdown is where you want to fill out the position, until then I'd personally keep the positions at about 50% of my total intended size, even if that means I add 10% right now, 20% in the white zone and another 20% in the red zone-that's my 50% of intended position size. I'd add the rest on strong confirmation of a downside move, now I've covered my bases and I don't have to much risk on the table and I also have a good amount of free cash to work with.

We have to adapt to the changing conditions in the market and even though I personally would rather formulate a big picture plan, things like Japan and what's going on in MENA, you just can't account for, therefore you must adapt, those that don't evolve, die in the market.

Now on a personal note, last time I asked, I only had 1 response. This is a painting I'm working on and I want to know if anyone can understand what it is, or if I should just put the paint brush down ;)

Remember, it's not finished.... :(

No comments: