Thursday, July 28, 2011

SPY Inverse H&S

Earlier I posted what looks like an inverse head and shoulders in the SPY and asked the question, "How is Wall Street going to game such an obvious pattern?"

In a few subsequent emails with members I and they pretty much agreed there's only 1 way and that way is likely to give me an ulcer, but it's too obvious on the charts, Wall Street never lets patterns like that do what the Technical analysis books say they should do and retail traders never adapt to that fact.

So we are seeing the conclusion I came to-they have to shake it out to the downside, which certainly contributes to me getting an ulcer!

And what went from an Inverse H&S is now looking like a more random and less bullish pattern-operation shakeout a success.

However, I still can't ignore these charts.

 1 min.

 5 min.

15 min.

Something seems to clearly be going on under the surface here.

No comments: