Thursday, August 18, 2011

Dollar / Euro Post

If you didn't already, I would suggest reading last night's "Chart Request: Euro vs. U.S. Dollar", it also expands on my thoughts about the near future and Op-Ex Friday. IT also showed this move in the dollar and Euro today.

There's not a lot of change in the charts since last night, but here are the updated charts for today.
 Here's the .91% move up in the dollar today alone on a daily chart.

 The 15 min chart shows a sharp positive divergence, but not a long one, which fits well with my theory of what will happen n the market after Op-Ex Friday, the first part of my theory played out perfectly this morning.

 Here's the 5 min chart with accumulation yesterday on a gap down head fake, right now the 5 min 3C chart is confirming the price trend.

 Here's an intraday chart of the Euro/FXE's fall this a.m., down over 1% a few minutes ago.

 FXE 15 min, again a sharp divergence, but not a long one, again it fits well with my thoughts on where the market is going.

And the 10 min chart, note the head fake gap up yesterday with a negative divergence. Remember what I always say about head fake moves, false breakouts, etc.

For those who missed it or just want to refresh your memory, here's the post in which I lay out what I expect the market to due from the information and charts available.

Theory on How Op-Ex Friday Fits In To the Big Picture

No comments: