Monday, August 29, 2011

KCG Trade Management

KCG was a long trade entered on August 5th @ $11.45

This is an excellent example of why I invented and use my Trend Channel for stops. The trade is now up nearly 14% and even though it got a little volatile, the Trend Channel held the trade as it is coded to account for each stock' particular volatility.

 Here's the entry date...

And here's the entry with the Trend Channel, not once did KCG close under the bottom channel, which would be a stop out and it got a bit volatile there for awhile.

Even my custom crossover screen stayed long the trade and it was one of the man reasons behind the trade.
The moving averages of price stayed long, my custom indicator in the middle window stayed long and RSI stayed long.

I would leave this one in the Trend Channel and see what else it has in store for you.

No comments: