Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Earnings Plays-ABM

I'm surprised how many people took the BBY short last night, but I'm getting a lot of requests for other companies. First there's ABM which reports after the bell. Here's what I like and don't like.


 First the hourly 3C chart looks pretty bad.

 On the 30 min hart, there's a head fake breakout that failed quickly and this is what I like about ABM, it was pretty negative at that point on the 30 min chart.

 Here's the same head fake on a 15 min chart which went negative right at the event.

 And on a 5 min chart, it seems distribution all the way up to the head fake.

 It can also be seen on a 2 min chart.

 What I don't like is there's support at the 50-day m.a. which could limit the immediate downside from a bad reaction, there's not a lot of room between here and the moving average unless it were to slice right through it.

Secondly this is good and bad, there's resistance right at the head fake, but also a top pattern which could provide temporary support at the trend line, so my main concern here would be profit potential.

More coming

No comments: