Tuesday, January 10, 2012

ES Breaking VWAP

This is one post I couldn't get out fast enough. If the overnight action in the E-Minis (ES) has had 1 clear attribute, it is that it has maintained well above its VWAP (Volume Weighted Average Price), an indicator still used by Wall Street. I had just looked at the 3C negative divergence in ES and decided to look at ES's VWAP which was just on the verge of breaking, as I put together the screen captures, it broke.

 Here's the earlier negative divergence (relative) that I showed you near the open.

 Here's a second at the highs during market hours, you can also see ES dropping quickly on this chart.

This is what ES/VWAP looked like when I decided to post this, it was to be a warning that if VWAP is broken, there may be a significant changes in character. VWAP broke and broke hard.



No comments: