Wednesday, February 29, 2012

AAPL

There are many market bellwethers, I think it's fair to say that AAPL has become "the" market bellwether. 

 AAPL has gapped up on the daily chart and thus far is showing a possible reversal Star candle. Watch daily volume today, if volume picks up and it is already large at this point and this star remains in to the close, this will be a high probability churn/reversal day. I know AAPL has a new product coming out I believe this week, I personally would wait for a reversal before entering an AAPL short trade. If you are bullish, then a pullback would be great, we'd have to look and see what underlying trade looks like when/if we cross that bridge.

 Last night in the "Daily Wrap" I said the short term AAPL charts are getting very ugly, such as this 1 min chart leading negative.

 The 2 min chart is leading negative and on a longer term, the 15th of this month appears to be a major change in AAPL, I suspect the weeks ahead will show the 15th as a major change in AAPL's character.

 This is what the 15th looked like on a daily chart, there was churning on heavy, heavy volume.

 The short term 5 min chart since the 15th, I don't think I need to annote this chart.

 Longer term and this is a different trade that we will address when/if we cross that bridge, however the 30 min chart has had plenty of time to confirm trade action after the 15th, it has not.

The 60 min chart shows the same.

Lets start with today though, look for a small bodied or any reversal candle on very heavy volume.

No comments: