Wednesday, March 7, 2012

AAPL Trade

I had thought AAPL had the potential to disappoint today, however we were also looking for a head fake trade, so we kind of got one, but not what was expected.

 This date on the 15th looked to me to be a major change in AAPL, I've said I think we will look back at this date in the future and see that it was important, it is perhaps the day AAPL's back was broken. So could the last 7 days above the 15th be a sort of head fake? It would definitely be along the lines of the extent of a move I would expect that precedes a market reversal, but we'll need confirmation with a move BELOW the $526.30 level. If that occurs and we see a sharp downside move from there, then that is our answer.

 As far as the head fake move written about last Friday and Sunday, the Bollinger bands suggested it was imminent, we got a very small, but a head fake move the very next morning, virtually on the open taking AAPL down -2.2% on a closing basis, even more on an intraday basis.

Today's trade since the 1 p.m. unveiling  has been erratic to say the least.

I'm going to keep looking around

No comments: