Wednesday, June 13, 2012

GOOG Follow Up

GOOG was mentioned yesterday as an interesting speculative swing type trade candidate-I don't like the bigger picture, but in the near term I do like what I see in GOOG. I'd certainly consider GOOG as a spec long here.

 GOOG's recent trend on a 15 min chart

 I like the recent volume on this 60 min chart, we often see large volume spikes like this before a reversal, like mini-capitulation.

 GOOG 1 min chart's trend has picked up considerably

 The 2 min chart as well in an area that looks a bit like a triangle price consolidation.

 The 5 min chart in leading positive position at the same area.

 Finally the hourly chart in a leading positive position.

I'd consider GOOG here at this triangle, a stop could always be placed below the lows of 6/12. There are several different ways to enter: an entry now; wait for a possible downside break below the triangle with a 3C positive divergence or wait for a break out of the triangle. For me personally, they're all so close it really doesn't matter. I'd prefer a long Call position with an expiration in July, but as you know, I like to get out of option trades ASAP.

No comments: