Monday, July 9, 2012

AA Update

Alcoa kicks off earnings season after the bell today. As for the charts with regard to AA earnings, I don't see much there suggesting a leak. There are some interesting features in the AA charts in a couple different timeframes you my be interested in, but as far as a bonafide leak, I don't see it.

AA's 1 and 3 mi intraday charts do have positive divergences, they look like they may want to rally in to the close.

Longer term is interesting...


 The 4 hour and 1 hour above and below are both leading positive and suggest that AA has been building a little base in this area from which to lift off of.


 The 15 min chart is not showing the kind of positive divergence I would expect to se if there were a positive leak, being it is in negative position, it looks much like the rest of the market and it would be difficult to say there's a negative leak.

The 5 min chart which I would expect to see real movement before earnings if there was a leak, has been flat today, although it is in a leading negative divergence, this is not too far off the general overall market tone though and I don't view it as suspicious.

No comments: