Monday, August 6, 2012

FB Update

FB is one of the few stocks I have seen that can buck the tide or the trend of the market which is unusual. As you know, when everyone else hated FB, we saw something and had a GREAT run on the long side in FB. I have waited for nearly a month and a half for that "FB pullback" to start a new position in FB and while a lot has happened that was surprising, the bottom line is we saw something the crowd missed and made good money, hopefully we are on the same track again.

I really thought I had at least started a position in FB recently, apparently not until just a few minutes ago.

 This is about where we really got interested in FB, although there had been hints before that. Remember the 60 min leading positive divergence? How could I not take a long position. I ended up closing out a bit early, but many of you made a killing on options. Here we are again in the most hated stock seeing some things it appears the crowd missed.

 The 1 min leading positive 3C FB trend, I figure if you average the cost of the range where the positive divergence is, the accumulators are probably already at a profit or break-even and we are still leading positive.

 The 2 min really leading positive, this is why I'm surprised I hadn't opened a new position on a signal like this yet.

 The 5 min chart went leading positive, Friday you can see a negative with price pulling back, but today 3C is moving up again.

 The more important 15 min chart not only has a huge relative positive divergence, but also a leading positive

 The 30 min shows the flat area in which FB apparently was under distribution, to the far left the positive divergence in which we first entered long, but the point is the long term relative positive divergence now.

Here's a closer look at the 30 min chart, a relative positive locally and a leading positive the last 2 days.

I feel that FB is worth a shot here, as usual, with any longs right now I think they need to be speculative given the overall market analysis, but still worth at least a spec. position.

No comments: