Thursday, September 6, 2012

After-Market Futures

 ES positive divergences around the European open last nigh, negative divergences through the day, worse in after hours.

 NASDAQ futures w/ positive divergences at the same time around the European open last night and negative through the day on exceptionally weak breadth readings on the NYSE and NASDAQ, much weaker than I would have thought to look for if members hadn't pointed them out (both members sent their emails individually before breadth was brought up on the site).

Yesterday I suspected a buy the rumor/sell the news trade, thus far today it looks like that i exactly what we have seen. I haven't gone in to what Draghi said, but I did listen to his press conference this morning and there are, as usual, some glaring problems. The market's reaction clearly doesn't understand these problems, if indeed the market was discounting Draghi's plan, but I doubt that's the case, I think it is more likely this was set up in advance as the accumulation in both futures occurred between 4 and 5 hours before policy was announced.


No comments: