Wednesday, October 10, 2012

+350% Return on ROI- just from a concept

If I could give you a winning trade or teach you what I know about concepts you can apply to your own trading style, while the guru thing is fun and often trade ideas make for great examples, I'd rather give you something you can apply for a lifetime. That's why I want to share this member's email with you from yesterday.

Tina has been with us for several years, she's learned the concepts about how the market uses Technical Analysis and your emotions against you, but especially Technical Analysis because technical traders are so predictable; it makes Wall Street's job easy and makes Wall Street more predictable if you understand what patterns they will manipulate.

As for the email from yesterday from Tina...

"SPY - Nailed It, Again!
So, about that SPY bear flag... great call and I profitted wildly  on an overnight weekly SPY put.

 I took it Friday after we failed to make a new high (weekly SPY 145 put)... I intended on selling EOD, but saw the bear flag and was expecting a break below as a shake out (learned that from you)... On Monday, we rode that lower trendline up, clinging to the line, so I was certain we'd break down on Tuesday, especially after your validating post stating the same... I waited it out and bingo!  ROI: 350%... Wow... stopped to calc it out... I use 3Cs to identify divergences, then I use RSI divergences for my entry/exits; I take the trade on the 10m.

Recognizing that bear flag and understanding it'd be used to trap shorts (I'm confident that's what happened today), the trade was nicely profitable."

This is what she was talking about...

The break below the bear flag of the SPY which locks in shorts, some will enter on the bear flag, but most because of what Technical Analysis teaches, will wait for confirmation or chase the trade.

The "Validating post", I believe was from Monday's Wrap (I believe or it may have been an intraday update) and referring to this chart and commentary...
This is from the post showing a 15 min SPY chart hugging the bottom of the bear flag and the commentary that followed this chart....

"it's always possible for a head fake move below the flag to get shorts to commit on confirmation of the flag as well as the channel."

I always love to hear about member's lessons or success stories, but I especially love to hear that member's are putting the concepts to work to profit in their own trading.

Congrats Tina and thanks for letting me share your trade.




No comments: