Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm not on Coffee Break

I'm just watching the short term signals looking a lot like last week before the Republican "Plan B" Boehner vote that failed spectacularly and sent S&P futures limit down on a 50 point plunge.

I'm not saying the same negative event is about to take place, I'm saying the same confusion in the market in the short term timeframes is there, I assume it has to do with Obama's meeting today with the heads of Congress, there's a chance it's also related in some way to the European close for the week a short time ago and the EUR/USD finding some sense of direction now that Europe is effectively out of the picture (except for that little political trick of releasing bad news on a Friday night hoping no one is home to see it).

I'm sure the signals will clean up soon, in the mean time I'm just popping from chart to chart to see if I can find anything giving a head up as we have been able to do in the past (that was volatility about a week ago that gave a signal when no others were in the short term /intraday charts), but no signal there.

In any case, I'm here, just looking around at a lot of different assets.

The positions are still in place, short term bullish expectations covered with Jan. SPY Calls and longer term (or second trend) downside covered with less leverage, but still 2-3x leveraged short or bear ETFs. All of those positions are still in place until or unless there's objective evidence that is strong enough to make a change.


No comments: