Friday, December 28, 2012

On the SPY Calls

Everyone's portfolio is different so not every trade or position size is appropriate. I can't possible run a portfolio the way I want to and post on WOWS as well as answer emails, but I do try to keep good habits and I'm pretty good at guestimating position sizes for risk management and portfolio balance according to the way I see the probabilities and the trends unfolding, as well a hedges that often are also meant to not only hedge, but provide two profitable trades (the actual hedge and the trade it was hedging).

In light of all of that, I wish that I had opened a QQQ call position rather than the second SPY, so I'm going to look at adding a little QQQ call position if it can be done without disturbing the hedge balance between the short term trend expectation and the longer term shorts set up.

I just like the way the Q's are acting.

No comments: