Tuesday, February 26, 2013

GLD P/L & Fill

The longer term charts are what attracted me to GLD, that's also why I wanted to shift from March out to April, however in the very near term this run this morning in GLD looks pretty darn nice, but when the intraday chart (3C) failed to make a new high with GLD, I started considering closing some of that position. Since it is an April expiration, I don't mind leaving some on the table at all with the great looking longer 3C chart which are way more important, but tactically it is worth a shot to try to take some profits here and re-enter at a lower cost basis.


 The fill as you can see below was $7.72 so the gain on this position opened Friday is nearly +67%, you can't sneeze at that.


If I see a good re-entry point, I will of course bring it up as a new or add-to position.

No comments: