Thursday, March 28, 2013

AAPL/GOOG Volume

AAPL has shown a number of unique signals today, the kind in which you often see in low volume environments and they are sharp on short term charts, but accrue on longer term charts, like a number of small transactions all accruing to one larger.

Volume at the end of the day was pushing pretty high and price was moving with it, this I believe was right out in the open buying (thus it pushed price), but it was so late in the day that it wouldn't matter if HFT's tried to front-run the order, the order was for a specific amount, they knew it would push price, but not so much that it would be a problem.

To a lesser degree the same happened in GOOG, I feel better holding the short term calls over the weekend than I would have I closed them, I think I'd be regretting it right now.

No comments: