Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Quick Update

Although I wouldn't say signals are screaming right now, I would say probabilities still look to be on the side of a move higher.

NASDAQ futures have a short term (day/s) positive divergence, I'm not getting much help from ES or TF, but the $USD still looks like it will see a move lower that could start as soon as today, the Euro and Yen aren't helpful, but the $AUD which has been an excellent leading currency lately also looks as if it will make a move higher.

In addition, AAPL looks like it's coiling up for a move higher which the market desperately needs (at least broad support from the Tech sector).

All in all I will stay patient with the short term long positions that are open, but I'm going to show you the Leading Indicators post next and more importantly than the short term signals, the bigger picture (I hate to say long term because it makes it sound as if it is still way off in the future which it is not) show really what the best use of any price strength really is, it's the same as what we expected and were looking for before this move got started, sell and short in to strength and I usually don't like longer posts like that in the middle of the day, but this is important.

You might keep an eye on the intraday NYSE TICK data for any hints of an impending intraday move; right now it's still pretty neutral.

No comments: