Tuesday, August 13, 2013

FSLR Follow Up- Sept. $38 Calls & Charts

I wished I had done what I normally do and went with Sept. expiration in the first place, this is what has worked for me and with a few exceptions, I typically regret not following my own guidelines with options like buying in the money and usually at least 3-4 times more time than you think you'll need.

As for FSLR, the range it formed the last week or so was VERY obvious, this means stops and limit orders fill up there and it makes it worthwhile to run those whether it be for the spread, the order/volume flow or picking up shares on the cheap in good supply. you really can't ask for a better situation if you are accumulating in size.

The reason I feel fine with FSLR when the market is not looking quite the same is because FSLR made up a lot more ground today that I anticipated.

 The 1 min chart looks a lot different than all of the market averages just posted in the last update.

 This 2 min chart looked pretty good earlier, I didn't expect that it would lead positive today above yesterday's 3C range.

I really didn't expect FSLR to make it to the 5 min charts the way the market was acting, after taking out a very clear zone where stops and limit orders will accumulate, I look for accumulation to back up the probability of a head fake or in line trade that suggests it is a market break lower and not a head fake.

 This is a closer look at the 5 min, it's almost exactly opposite the market averages which are going more negative on the 5 min chart toward the close, this is leading to new intraday highs.

Then to see the 15 min chart move, that was more than expected.

15 min FSLR today, that's a lot of intraday movement.

No comments: