Monday, August 5, 2013

Market Update

I've been trying to split time the last few weeks between positions and market updates/analysis because we already have the big picture break, it's those intraday and intermediate timeframes plunging that are really dangerous for this market; it's kind of like forecasting a hurricane, you know its coming, but trying to guess which hour you'll be able to walk outside in the sunny skies of the eye of the hurricane 3 days before it makes landfall, at least that's my feeling as of now, I can't say something I have never seen won't just appear and there will be no doubt this is landfall, but after those 3 heavy weights in Private Equity as well as the emerging F_E_D story, I just couldn't be long much of anything right now and sleep.

I want to get a market update out and I'm thinking the extreme the TICK just hit will allow me enough time to get it out.

One thing is for sure, the dilly-dalling of NYSE TICK over the last several weeks in a -/= 500 point range, just changed with a -1000 hit which isn't HUGE, but it's definitely a change of character for the market recently.

No comments: