Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Opening Speculative GDX Sept. $30 Put / DUST Long

I view this as more speculative than a normal spec. position so I'll treat it that way as far as position sizing and risk management, if I see added signals that really make this irresistible, I can add to the position.

As of now, the 5 min charts that were in line and what I was waiting on have moved in the direction I was hoping.

If you like the idea, but don't want to use the leverage of options and all the other stuff that comes along with them, DUST long would be another way to play this.

 GDX 5 min has gone negative.

NUGT 5 min has seen the 5 min go negative as well

DUST 5 min has gone positive, this is what I was looking for.

There is a slight intraday range so if you really wanted to put some extra conditions on this you could look for a break below (DUST) or above (GDX/NUGT) the intraday range and wait for prices to move back below that intraday high - preferably on some volume.

This would be a better entry for DUST long as options may lose some of the pricing edge in a scenario like that.

No comments: