Friday, November 8, 2013

Market Update

So far there's nothing too out of the ordinary considering expectations for a minor cycle that may even be max-pain/op-ex related. The one thing I really should have done that I regret and I don't often have regrets or beat myself up over trades unless I did something that was questionable, is the GDX/GLD calls, I had a 10+% profit the next morning, I knew it was a very choppy market and things could change fast and I should have just taken those gains. Plan your trade, trade your plan- it was the first part I wasn't clear on and that's the reason I used options for the leverage in what was likely to be a short duration position. The second part is where I needed to be more deliberate, the point is to take HIGH PROBABILITY POSITIONS, if I was wavering on probabilities, it should have been closed gain or no gain.

I'm trying to get out as much as I can, but these charts move fast so I may have to add addendum charts for new moves, but so far as I said, not much surprising given expectations.

 DIA intraday positive at the lows like the Index futures oddly as many might think given the NFP print, but this was a cycle already prepared and once they have spent time and money getting a cycle ready, even a mini cycle, it rarely fails. Wall Street doesn't do anything without a reason. In my view, PCLN strength short term in to long term weakness such as I talked about yesterday as being a gift for short positions, seems to be the reason for this mini cycle unless it is op-ex related.

 IWM has what looks like an intraday relative negative divegrence, these aren't the strongest, but neither are intraday charts, again accumulation at the lows.

QQQ intraday not looking too hot. I looked at AAPL last night and I'd be nervous if I was long there, so I'll be looking closer today as it may be ready for a decent position.

 SPY intraday positive at the lows, the overall trend is in line with price action and intraday it's seeing a negative forming.

Index futures...
 ES in line so far, but getting a little Wedgey

NQ/NDX futures showing some intraday weakness, also check volume on all of these.

R2K Futures have a distinct negative divergence which may tilt the IWM chart to the negative.


 NYSE TICK, fairly mellow at -500/+750 with a couple of extremes

This is my custom TICK histogram, you can see the longer term trend of the larger cycle off 10/9 lows and intraday...

A clear transition from negative to positive, there may be some weakness starting there, I'll watch it.

 The Russell 3000 MSI (Most Shorted Index which is my own proprietary list) seeing a short squeeze vs the R3K.

Very short term VIX futures are starting to improve a little intraday, the longer term are still very positive.

And HYG as it is an asset used for manipulation...
Pretty much exactly what I'd expect considering the way things transpired, it looked like fear to hold even small amounts of HYG to manipulate/support the market and today that's evident in preice as it was VERY evident the last 2-days in 3C.

No comments: