Wednesday, November 13, 2013

URRE Long Term Core Long

The last time I updated URRE was late October, our previous trade in it made +20%, however I like it as a longer term position rather than a trading position so I decided to just hang on to URRE.

It's very ironic because a member had just emailed me about  URRE today and I had told him the charts were improving even more, there were a couple, especially in short timeframes that are difficult to read because they get spotty, but just the look of price alone looked like it wanted to head higher, that may have been an hour or so before it popped to the upside for a daily +19.5% gain thus far.

If you are like me and holding which it seems many of you are, I do like what I see, I prefer not to try to trade around this position because of the very short term charts being so spotty and this is a stock that was on our radar quite a while ago so we've had a lot of experience and patience with this one.

Like I said, I don't intend on letting it go.
URRE can take some time building a base, but when it decides to move, it moves. I'm truly more interested in what appears to be a very large, primary bull trend base.

Here's today's move on a daily chart after the recent range was shaken out.

 Here are two "Rounding-like bottoms that I suspect are one larger double bottom, not textbook, but...

This is where there has been some resistance today on the move, but we've cleared that  and volume is excellent thus far.

This is the daily 3C chart and the two accumulation zones, the fact the second one is leading is part of what makes me think this is actually 1 big base. Typically accumulation or distribution gets stronger as it moves, if it were tow separate bases, I wouldn't expect the second to be leading.


 This is the 2 hour chart, a very strong timeframe, you see accumulation before the last move and in to this move, but this time it has been leading more than the first area.

 There was a shakeout that we looked at when it happened in yellow, but note how the divergence just got stronger at that area, that would be because price is cheaper and the shakeout provides the supply large institutional orders need.

 The 30 min chart looks great

The 10 min with another little shakeout in yellow, we see these shakeout moves almost all of the time before a reversal, they are often on scale or proportional with the timeframe.

Intraday the 3 min chart shows a decent divergence, I wouldn't have called it a screaming divergence popping off the chart, but there have been so many more important, longer, stronger positives that a move  like this could take place at any time.

Watch for intraday volatility or even over the next several days, they'll often try to shakeout any tag-amlongs and this is another reason I just prefer hold it and not try to trade around it.

Congrats to those of you who have been patient, I'd really like to see this move to stage 2 Mark Up.

No comments: