Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Market Update

I was just answering an email as there was some surprise there could be a bounce with the SPY down a little under -.80%, but look at the Russell 2k, it's in a short term down trend, lower highs, lower lows and down about -3.3% for December already, this is perfectly understandable as I said last night for the IWM to want to move back toward the relative performance of other averages, but it's also trading more like a normal market, we're so use to a market moving one way every day even if it's a 0.05% gain, that's not normal, waves in the market are normal, not linear lines and it gives us opportunities.

I've been looking around and while anything that's longer term or core position I have no intention of moving, I would say for example, move some things around in the trading portfolio, it's up 13% for pretty much December since inception and I'd put in some short term TRADING POSITIONS that were long, but I'm on the fence because I don't like this base (intraday), it's not organized, it's not wide enough in my opinion. I may change my mind if I see something change as things have been changing fast and I'd take some extra gains on a TRADE only, for a bounce only, not to be confused with me being bullish on the market.

I'll of course let you know, but right now it's the shape and size/organization of intraday bases that is throwing me and making me want to sit back and wait because the positions in the trading portfolio can withstand the drawdown and they are still aligned with the highest probabilities so if I had to do nothing, I'd still be fine, but it's always fun to add a little extra % to the bottom line.

No comments: