Wednesday, December 11, 2013

VXX Follow Up

I'll get in to what I'm thinking and a market update next, but I'm not willing to enter a inverse VXX position as I think VIX futures stay bid no matter what happens.

I'm also not willing to give up the whole position as it's the big one among them with the VIX BB squeeze.

For even a pullback, the position was just too large.

The fill was 3.48 for 30 contracts so this is cut in half, but it was bigger than a full size core position, just too much, but I can't say I won't add it back on the right signals.

I think VIX futures will stay bid no matter what happens in the market over the next day or so, so I don't even want to think about any trades in the opposite direction.

 This is the intraday chart for VXX / UVXY so a little downside looks probable, I don't want to carry that much draw down when I can open back up at better prices, there's no way I could justify adding to a position that large at better prices.


All that really matters for VXX / UVXY long are the charts in 10 min+ like this, this is going much higher and hopefully I get to add back to that position and didn't make a mistake here, but you do the best with the knowledge you have right now.

No comments: