Friday, December 13, 2013

PCLN / TWTR

Of the seven positions in the trading portfolio, I only have 1 short, believe it or not, PCLN, I just couldn't let it go even for a short term, the charts just don't look good and they are showing very poor relative performance vs all other assets. The $1200 area is still bothersome to me, even just looking at a price only chart, it's the first thing my eyes are drawn to and I'm guessing traders as well, but I still can't close it.

PCLN 15 min, note not only the divergence, but the divergence at the range, the correct concept here would be a head fake since a range is established and shorting that > $1200 as it is standing out like a sore thumb, I'll set an alert and see if that happens, what things look like, but otherwise I just can't justify closing it.

The other positions in that portfolio (all added yesterday accept MCP long and PCLN short) include : DGAZ (short) which may be longer than just a market move, URTY long, FAS long, UDOW long and IOC long.

TWTR looks HORRIBLE. I can't quite bring myself to enter this yet with the market where it is, but I think it will be on the site with increasing frequency and as a longer term position, not just a trading position and short, it really looks bad.


No comments: