Thursday, December 12, 2013

Reiterating IWM (long)

As a short duration trade, basically a bounce long. I chose URTY, the 3x leveraged long version, but in general this appears to be the best looking thus far of all the assets and this really looks (as I go through numerous watchlists) a "Market-Based" bounce, in other words the goal is to drive the market rather than the "Rising tide lifts all boats", that tells me the bounce does have a purpose and it's psychological.

The more we see averages like the R2K/IWM move down, the stronger Wall St. is going to try to reinforce the Pavlovian "Buy the Dip", which in essence keep the bulls in a rut of, "Well if a 3% decline was a good deal to BTD, then a 5% decline must be better", this is how you stick retail with the bag, especially when they are so self conditioned.

If I add one more position it will likely be exposure to large caps so I may look at a leveraged Dow long.

No comments: