Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Change In Character Increasing

There are too many charts to put them all up, but there's noticeable deterioration in the following assets, HYG, SPY, DIA, QQQ, IWM,  ES, NQ, TF and then VXX is seeing a stronger look to it.

Right now in the trading portfolio I have only AAPL as a hedge and DGLD, otherwise, the other positions are shorts or short exposure: SPXU, FAZ, SQQQ, DGAZ, UVXY.

There are a few I need to decide what to do with like AAPL and DGLD as well as IOC.

I'm thinking about the typical knee jerk effect and how nice and round VXX is, a knee jerk creating a head fake there would be normal, that would mean an initial bullish knee jerk.

I have a lot more work to do, but now at least things are really showing some character and it's not good.

We have found F_E_D leaks at least once before about two hours before the release. Otherwise this could be nervousness in front of the minutes, but I'd expect certain assets like VXX to look more extreme than they do, but in a thin way. VXX looks robust in its signal.

I'll be back with you and of course let you know if I move anything, close or add anything, I'd have to have a very good reason .

No comments: