Wednesday, January 8, 2014

General Update

First I'm keeping the IOC Trading position long for now, I'm really struggling with AAPL because the short term looks so good and the intermediate/long term look so bad.

What I wanted to point out is as I've been going through different watchlists, typically leveraged ETFs will give signals first.

I've seen some horrible things, I'm really trying to concentrate on the near term, but in some of these cases, the longer term charts are so bad so fast that I can't help but think it has to effect the near term.

Here are a few examples.

IWM 3x long URTY
 That's a 60 min leading negative, the largest of the last year.

SRTY is the short version of 3x leveraged IWM or the opposite of URTY above, that's a 2 hour chart with another one of these monster leading positive divergences which would be a market negative signal.


3x SPX UPRO long
 The October Cycle, accumulation and while there are some large divergences on the chart, they are dwarfed by the current leading negative which we've seen on the SPY as well.

 SPXU is the 3x short SPY ETF, it's leading positive, it seems like as soon as the end of year passed, things got extremely extreme.

QQQ 3x Short SQQQ

 This is a look at an intraday signal, the 3x short QQQ ETF is leading positive intraday , I figured I needed to cover at least some intraday as I'll do next.

The 5 min version went negative at the right spot as we were calling for a market bounce, we saw that yesterday (short duration) and now this 5 min is leading positive so there's migration.

I'll try to get to some more recent intraday.

I'd just warn you again of the knee jerk move, they are very common on F_E_D events, they are almost always wrong, so they can be used to your benefit, but they can be difficult emotionally to enter.

No comments: