Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Last Update Before Minutes

I keep going through watchlists and there's a lot of nothing, except on certain timeframes something will really stand out, for instance, the SPY 1 min that I said last night would do 1 of 2 things, the divergence is worse and worse, but it hasn't made the same migration impression, but several of the 2-3x leveraged ETFs of the averages have.

VXX looks like it's building a solid, steady base area, but no smoking gun or those charts that just scream and jump off the screen and can't be ignored.

IWM intraday is seeing the same kind of deteriorating intraday chart as SPY, but again not migrating as you might expect.

However the 3x leveraged charts show a bit more of that happening.

HYG is deteriorating fast on just about every timeframe.

The TICK chart, even with all of its volatility, could not have any less of a trend indication.

I believe this is either purposeful and the action is going to be found in the initial knee jerk or just after or this is just pure confusion in the market which I would find hard to believe as Wall St. controls everything that they can possibly control.

Also, Index futures, I expected them to go from positive to the gains we saw yesterday, then they were in line, also I expected them to go negative and they have, all of them, that's not a good sign for them over the next day or so I'd think.

So I've decided to just let everything stand as it is, the trading shorts and core positions and even what's left of the trading portfolio hedges like AAPL long.

I'm going to pay attention and I suspect we'll find what we are looking for in all the chaos and volatility we are about to see.

No comments: