Wednesday, February 19, 2014

GLD

I really want to enter a 2x short GLD ETF/ETN, for liquidity the only one I like is DZZ, a 1x short GLD ETN, because of this for the most part...
 This is a pretty horrible looking near term chart.

In all honesty the overwhelming emotion right now is, "I don't want to miss the trade".

That's an emotional response called greed, I had a plan earlier which was to short in to GLD intraday strength and 3C weakness, to chase GLD down and enter DZZ long here is making an emotional decision in my view rather than an objective one and it creates more risk, sometimes it's better to miss the trade than to chase it.

I considered entering a partial position and entering the rest if we get some intraday GLD strength, but I'll hold off and stick to the plan and if I miss it, there's another bus right around the corner.

I do still have a long DUST position (3x short Gold Miners), that will stay in place.
DUST.

Typically we have more of a knee jerk response, usually it is a response to the headline news, but when you dig down deeper you get the real story and I believe other times it's used to create wiggle room to enter positions, say a knee jerk up in GLD so a GLD short can be entered. I'd like to see that happen, but again I want to make decisions based on objective data and we just got the minutes, it's almost like we need to look at 3C anew (at least for the very short term reaction), strategically nothing should change.

I'll hold off, but I do have price alerts set for a move higher in GLD to short in to via DZZ long.

No comments: